Friday, March 15, 2013

Cloud Atlas Sextet



This is my last Cloud Atlas post. It’s too good of a movie to be as underrated as it is, however I believe this will have to do.


If I had remained invisible, the truth would have stayed hidden. I couldn't allow that.
Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

I believe death is only a door. One closes, and another opens. If I were to imagine heaven, I would imagine a door opening. And he would be waiting for me there.

You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power.

 Knowledge is a mirror, and for the first time in my life, I was allowed to see who I was, and who I might become.
 ----
To be, is to be perceived, and so to know thyself is only possible through the eyes of the other. The nature of our immortal lives is in the consequences of our words and deeds, that go on and are pushing themselves throughout all time.

Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

 I believe death is only a door. When it closes, another opens. If I care to imagine heaven, I would imagine a door opening. And behind it, I would find him there. Waiting for me.
 -----
 There is a natural order to this world, and those who try to upend it do not fare well. This movement will never survive, if you join them you and your entire family will be shunned. At best you will exist at pariah to be spat at and beaten, at worse to be lynched or crucified. And for what, for what, no matter what you do it will never amount to anything more than a single drop in a limitless ocean.

Rejoinder:

What is an ocean but a multitude of drops?
 ------
 Our lives and our choices, each encounter, suggest a new potential direction. Yesterday my life was headed in one direction. Today, it is headed in another. Fear, belief, love, phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue long after we perish. Yesterday, I believe I would have never have done what I did today. I feel like something important has happened to me. Is this possible?


No comments:

Post a Comment