Friday, August 9, 2013

It Takes Two

I’ve been playing a lot of Dragon’s Crown on my Vita the last few days. It’s one of a handful of decent games on the system. Dragon’s Crown has been marked by a storm of controversy the last few months. White hats and black hats have been demonizing and defending, respectively, the games art style. Line after line has been printed against or in favor of what is at its core a simple but excellent dungeon crawler. I’ve always tried to stay out of these types of arguments. The older I get, the less inclined I am to slam my head against brick walls. Whether this is a real issue or just more clicks on a website, the fact remains that both sides are missing the boat. No matter how evenhanded or well-written an article is, it is impossible to have a discussion with yourself. Like the old song goes, ‘it takes two’. At the end of the day any discussion without two or more people is little more than talking to a brick wall. I think I’ll leave my crazy moments for a more appropriate time. Now back to Dragon’s Crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment